I need a Recipe for Laceys cookies?

I found that these are sold at Trader Joes or whole foods... I found them at Costco my mom loves them and I would like to make them for her... They are thin cookies, but I never had one and I don't know what all is in them. Thanks for all the help.

childofGod51509

Asked by childofGod51509 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• This may be what you are looking for. They are also called Florentine cookies. This recipe was originally from Sweet Savvy:

LACE COOKIES
    makes 2 dozen small cookies
    3 tablespoons butter
    1/4 cup evaporated cane juice or brown rice syrup
    1 tablespoon heavy cream
    1 tablespoon flour
    1/4 cup chopped almonds

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Place a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper in a cookie sheet. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the sweetener and cream.
    Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the flour, then the almonds. Place twelve half-teaspoons of batter on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Don't let them burn, but do let them bake beyond the point where they start to bubble.
    Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. The longer you let them rest, the crisper they will become. You can fold or roll these cookies into shapes while they are still warm. But you have to let them sit for a few minutes. Don't touch them when they first come out of the oven. They are very hot and can burn your skin. When they are completely cooled, it is very easy to just bend the silicone baking sheet or parchment paper and the cookies will come right off.

• This looks great! I'll give it a try it sounds like what I wanted... I think I remember chocolate drizzled on top of it so Im going to do that too... Hope it works out! Thank you =)
    childofGod51509

Answer by childofGod51509 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009