i cant stand my husbands' friends' wife...what can i do?

my hubby has a friend from work. he comes over just about every night. that's ok. but his wife always comes with him and i cant stand her. she's always trying to play mommy to my baby (she's baby hungry but doesn't want her own yet) it really gets on my nerves. im not the type of person to tell them they can't come over anymore so any tips on how i can maybe make it easier being around her?....

excited2bemommy

Asked by excited2bemommy at 2:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell your husband to have them cut down to once a week visits. His friend....his responsibility.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would just tell her to back off.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• talk to her, she probably doesn't even realize how she is acting....
    Anonymous

• What do you mean she plays mommy? Is that what bothers you? Or do you just not like her attitude, is she annoying? What exactly don't you like?
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to let someone else change a diaper, give a feeding, so that you can have a little rest. I think what you are feeling is more common with first-time mothers. When you have other small children, it is great to have someone who wants to play mommy for a little bit. Let her hold the baby while you clean up the kitchen or fold a load of laundry. Since they come over so often, use the time to take care of a few chores without having to worry about taking care of the baby. Also, think of it as your helping her to gain a little hands on experience with babies before she has one of her own. See, you will be contributing to the welfare of a child as yet unborn!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree w/ you nannyB. If someone is overly nice and overly helpful, it can sometimes be annoying, but that doesn't make them into someone I couldn't "stand". On the other hand my husband has a friend from work and the guy's wife is a complete B! I've been to their home 3X and she's always made me feel uncomfortable. She's mean to her husband in front of his friends and has a sour look on her face whenever I see her. 3 strikes and she's OUT! Haven't seen her since.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• give up your mommy control...so what if she wants to be around your baby....would you rather she hate your baby?
    If she annoys you in any other way hand the baby to your husband and go watch some tv.
    My first husband had a friend with a wife that was stuck up so when they would come over I would suddenly need to go grocery shopping
    Anonymous

• Send her to my house. I have triplets would love someone to help out each night.lol
    Anonymous