Have you lost a friend?

I lost my BEST friend of 10 yrs b/c she didn't want me to get married to a guy she hardly knew. After the wedding we had a few words and she dumped me.
Am I the only one who lost a BEST friend for no good reason? What's your story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There was a woman that I thought was my best friend. I started dating this guy and when I wouldn't sleep with him after the first two weeks we were dating, my "best friend" slept with him.

So I lost my "friend" and my boyfriend all in one day.
    Anonymous

• Oh, honey I have lost 3 long time friends. #1 friend since 4th grade. Got mad at me when I met my husband and said everytime we go out you have to meet someone. Huh? Who cares. Lost her married to a wonderful man and have a beautiful baby girl. #2 friend, maid of honor at my wedding. Known her for 10 years. She wasn't really there for me through the whole process of my wedding, didn't even know the date, didn't come to the shower. I think she was a little jealous because her long time bf whom she bought a house with, well they had just broken up. I tried telling her that my feelings were hurt and she didn't really care. We no longer speak. And #3 friend. Bridesmaid at my wedding. Didn't come to the shower never answered calls, Called me the day of wedding to say" I feel like there is tension between us" Are you kidding me on the day of my wedding. She didn't show up to the wedding. I think I win so don't feel too bad.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sorry, my answer was so long. hehe
    Jguevara

• I chose to end the friendship with my best friend. We had been friends since we were 13, & she's the type of girl that if you tell her something; two days later everyone in your town knows.

well im 19 now, and she's pregnant and its just like she thinks that shes the greatest parent that has lived whenever she's smoked weed and cigarettes throughout her whole pregnancy.

& i've had my child for five months and she tells everyone that I'm a bad parent because i leave him with his grandmother one day out of the weekend so i can get some me time.

I just got tired of not being able to trust her and her bitchy comments.

not to mention when we were younger, she'd do anything to destroy any of my relationships. :P
    Anonymous

• Just lost one last week. She said my child is a bad influence on her children. My child pinched her sister ( my other child)when she was mad. My friend erupted all over me in an e-mail and said that she thinks without some special help my child will grow into "someone who is difficult to love" and then she spewed a bunch of stuff about religion and how our hearts aren't right (my family) and we need to go to church. My daughter has never behaved viloently toward her children. She LOVES them.
    In addition, I think we are going to find out that my child has Asperger's. That's enough to deal with. I don't need a friend judging my preschooler! She was one of my closest friends. I can't believe the way this happened!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I lost my best friend of 20 yrs because she didn't like something I said. She wouldn't even tell me what. Not very mature. We were both going through a lot in our lives (9-11 and my grandmother dying) and it is a shame. Sometimes I still miss her; then I remember all of the selfish stuff she did throughout the years and it makes me feel better.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had a friend that I loved like a sister, and she found out that her DH was cheating on her. She became jealous of my marriage, and tried to break me and my DH up by spreading rumors about him. I tried to talk with her about what she was feeling, but she didn't want any part of me, so I told her that it wasn't worth fighting about and ended the friendship. When my DH and I would talk about what happened, we refer to her as Judas. I think it's an appropriate name.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009