help with halloween costume for my 16 month boy

So I didn't get a halloween costume and I dont' have money to buy one, so can someone help me find a homemade costume for him? Thanks :)

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ok so this is silly, if you have ablack onsie or shirt, have him wear it and then sprinkle baby powder on his shoulders, and you get.....the guy from a dandruff shampoo commercial! lol hmmm, strap on diapers all over for him to be the michelen man, use an old sheet or table cloth and make him a toga! lol this is fun....I will be thinking about this all day now
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 2:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Rubics cube
    Using a large card board box and five different colors of contact paper or construction paper (contact paper is easier to stick on) enough to do 5 sides, black pants and long sleeve shirt. this was done very inexpensively and we had a lot of fun with it.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• if you have time and patience, you could stuff some long socks, sew them onto a onesie and voila you have an octopus :)
    if you can knit, you could make a hat with ears..thats what I did last year. I knitted a hat for me and my son, they were brown with ears and we both wore brown clothes, making us Mama Bear and Baby Bear. if you already have a little suit or a vest for him, you could draw a mustache on him and he could be your "lil man"...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Dress him in all yellow or red and then he is "ketchup" or "mustard". Write it on the shirt in marker
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Attach socks, drier sheets, lint, etc... to a sleeper/onesie and call him static cling! If he has longer hair, you could make it all crazy too. Did this for one of the kids at my work once. Everyone loved it. She got so many compliments on it!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You could probably get cat ears at CVS for just a few dollars. Dress him all in black with the ears and draw whiskers on his face.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• When I was little I freaked out when my Uncle brought a robot suit for me to wear, had flashing lights and made beeping noises, was too late for my Mom to get me something else so she dressed me in a garbage bag (with holes cut out for head and arms) and attatched banana peel, tissue paper and other miscellaneous stuff from the kitchen trash! it was a big hit, but my Uncle was crushed.............
    Anonymous

• using the same idea as the bag of trash. . . dress up in a garbage bag (with arm & leg holes) with matching sweats. Stuff the bag with paper or material to give it volume. glue on some dried leaves from the yard and go as a bag of yard waste. Get a clear garbage bag (dress in sweats under it) cut arm & leg holes, fill garbage bag with bright colored balloons blown up and call it a bag of jelly beans. My son is going as a pumpkin (his choice) Orange sweat shirt and black sweat pants ($5 each walmart) with a felt face cut and sewn on ($.25 a sheet for felt walmart). A green & brown hat ($2 at walmart) for a stem and green felt leaves top it off. All in all I spent $13 on the costume and most can be warn again and again (just pull off the felt face)

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Put some jeans or overalls on him with a long-sleeved shirt and go get a few sprigs of hay and stuff it in the sleeves and in the cuffs of his jeans. Maybe get him a hat and put straw in that too. Tie a bandana around his neck. Draw a triangle nose. Scarecrow!!

Yellow sweats, yellow party hat with a little brown drawn on the top....banana!

Black cape or blanket loosely tied around his shoulders, draw round glasses on his face with eyeliner...Harry Potter!

Wrap him in TP...mummy!!

Black sweat suit, black felt cut into wing shape... bat!

Blue sweat suit and blue felt cut into wings...bird!

Red sweat pants, green sweat shirt strip of black fabric and a square of yellow felt cut to look like a belt buckle. Put the fabric around his waist on top of the green shirt. Paint a white beard on his face. Get a hat from a party store. Garden gnome!!

Pick a color of sweat suit, matching birthday hat, Cra
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Ask a friend with a girl the same age or size as your boy and dress him up as a girl! ;)
    Pieta0227