how do u decide what's best?

i have a daughter she'll be 5 mos. old on November 7. i always kept saying i wanted to space my kids about 3-5 years apart. but now i'm thinking that i want another one in a few mos. or so...i just don't know if it's the best thing to do right now or not.

excited2bemommy

Asked by excited2bemommy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The best advice I ever got about having babies was-" If you wait till the time is just right the right time will never come." I have nieces that are 11 months apart and it was not easy when they were little and the teen years were not always fun, but they are now the best of friends. Follow your heart. Mine are 3 years apart. That is what worked for us. And because of my age and our finances we stopped at 2. Some times I wish we had more, but that ship has sailed!
    Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think sometimes you just know. We had planned on trying to get pregnant with our second when our first was a year old. He turned a year old and I knew I wasn't ready yet, so we revised our plan and decided to start trying for #2 when our oldest was 2 years old, which we did. Their birthdays are three years and one week apart, and that's perfect for us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You have to decide for you and your family. For me it was a decision that not only affected my husband and I but now affected our son as well! We decided not to try again until DS could walk...I was on bed rest with him, and it was very likely that I would have to do it again...so we wanted him to be able to get what he wanted without having to get everything for him! These are the things I thought about...but only you can decide what is best for you and your family! Ask some mommies you know what are the pro's and con's of having kids close together?
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009