Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm unemployed and my husband just got fired... whats the best way to get medical insurance?

i'm 34 weeks, and I live in California. Any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • Definitely go see Job and Family services. You should qualify for Medicade.

    Answer by Tashwitz at 3:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • You should qualify for public assistance; look in your phone book for Job and Family services and make an appt because you don't wan't to miss any doc appt or anything.

    Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • Apply for Medi-Cal!

    Answer by shelbyk at 3:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009


    I am sure you are eligible for state medical insurance. Don't delay since you are 34 weeks, because sometimes it takes a while to process. Good luck :)

    Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • If your husband had insurance at his job he may qualify for a program like COBRA. In Iowa COBRA is a program that allows ppl to stay covered for a period of time so there isn't a lapse in coverage when applying with a new company.

    Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

  • State covered Medicaid!!

    Be careful they drag ass.
    i'm 21 weeks, and STILL have yetto see a doctor, because I'm waiting on medicaid.
    I live in TX though

    Answer by ChelseaG23 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.