after pregnancy questions

I delivered last Sat (the 17th) and I received many stitches. i was wondering, does the pain ever go away lol. i feel so swollen down there its unreal. its also so hard to get up and down off of things like the chair, couch, bed... another question i have is how long until you got your figure back? my stomach keeps getting a little smaller but it looks like a deflated balloon lol. just curious...

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I also had a ton of stitches. It took me about a month to feel "normal" down there.

You will get your figure back a little at a time.

Give yourself some time.

:o)
    Anonymous

• I heard something about it actually takes the uterus 12 months to go back down to original shape. not sure how true that is. On average i would give yourself about 3 months. I breastfeed with my ds and lots a ton of weight pretty fast. I don't know about the stitches..sorry
    Anonymous

• Honey been there! Yes the pain will go away, but first you will feel very itchy where the stitches are while they are healing and dissolving. Just take it easy and make sure you have a good support system helping you at home while you recover. :) Good luck
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 3:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had alot of stitches with my first and it took me a good 2 weeks to be able to move semi-normally. As for your figure, thats really going to depend on how much work you put into it, and your body type. I had a baby on the 16th (11 days ago) and I can almost get my pre-pregnancy jeans buttoned, but I didn't gain much weight, and I'm BF'ing.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The pain will go away of course. Unfortunately, your figure will never be the same.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Anon:12, the uterus should be back to prepregnancy size within 6 weeks of giving birth. If it doesn't that is cause for concern.

OP- took 9 months to get in the shape you are now, expect it to take just as long to get back to pre baby body/feelings.
    Anonymous

• as far as the pain, swelling, etc, give it about 2 weeks. Use ice packs, tuck's, warm water bottles, etc.
    Anonymous