sex after baby?

How long did you wait to have sex after you had your baby? Did you start it or your so? Was it okay for you, did it hurt? Did your appetite foe sex change after your baby?

gizmom529

Asked by gizmom529 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We waited 4 weeks, i was ready but my husband was terrified he was going to hurt me. it hurt like hell going in but once he was in it was incredible. i think it just depends on how you feel and how bad you tore. if you are nervous have a glass of wine and use lube. =)
    whitrichards228

Answer by whitrichards228 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We waited 8 weeks, we both started it, it hurt like hell, yes, I lost sex drive for a while.
    Anonymous

• We waited 4 weeks, we both were really ready!, it didn't hurt (we used lube), and for the first few months it wasn't very often - but 11 months later we're back to once/day.

Answer by missanc at 3:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• wait 3 weeks no did not hurt i was very wet and i wantd him bad
    Anonymous

• We waited 7 and a half weeks and it hurt pretty much the entire time. And we used lube. We haven't had intercourse since and it's been almost 3 weeks. I also tore inside and out during delivery so that may be why it hurt as bad as it did.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• it's been a little over 4 wks for me i still havent had sex i want to but im a little scared of it but i dont want to untill i atleast stop bleeding which at this point seems like never! maybe if i get the okay at the pp appt but even then i may way longer i didnt tear but i was cut that healed fine and theres little to no pain but gotta be safe
    Anonymous

• We agreed to wait till the doctor okayed me. Then we went really slow and easy it was weird and a bit uncomfortable at first, but it got better quickly. Sex drive is better now.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have 2 girls and both times we waited at least the 6 week date set by the doctor. I also had c-sections so I had to let my incision heal, but that wasn't the only reason we waited. We both started it and it didn't hurt. My sex drive did stop a little but we were both just too tired from having a newborn to really even let it affect anything. After about 4 or 5 months I was back to my good old healthy sex life self.
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• docs say to wait 6 weeks.
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 10:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• we waited 8 weeks, but it hurt so much I started crying, so we stopped. We tried again a week later and were able to finish, but it still hurt. It took a few times before it didn't hurt me anymore. My sex drive has been very low, my daughter is almost 8 months :-( But, I'm still breastfeeding, so I'm hoping when I stop BF my sex drive will come back. Right now we're only have sex like once a week
    Anonymous