Autism - anyone heard this?

So today I was at my pediatrician's office and she started talking about autism (we were doing my 4 month olds vaccinations) and this study that she was reading about. It was about a town in Virginia that has zero cell reception and also has zero autism so now they are investigating if there is a link. Maybe it's old news but it's the first time I've heard about it. Of course I've always been inclined to believe that technology comes with a cost anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• I never heard that. That is interesting, I wonder if there is a link.
    Anonymous

• OP - I did google it but couldn't seem to find anything on that town although I did see some stuff related to cell phone use and cell phone use while pregnant
    Anonymous

• I hadn't heard that, although my oldest has autism and I didn't even own a cell phone when he was born so I don't know about the cell use during pregnancy, but I live in Raleigh NC and there's surely enough businesses around to have tons of cells around.

Answer by missanc at 3:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have a child with autism, and like missanc, I didn't own a cell phone when I was pregnant. I believe that there's a genetic link to autism, because not only do I have a child living with autism, I also have a nephew on the spectrum.
    Anonymous