How long did it take you to heal from getting your wisdom teeth pulled?

I am getting all four wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday, and I am wondering how long it took you guys to heal. Its my daughter's first time trick or treating. Im wondering if Ill need to reschedule my appointment. :)

Thankyou guys so much!

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 3:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• 5-6 days for heat to quit making me swell, pain in 7-8 days to go away
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It took a week for me to completely heal after having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. However, one of them was impacted and it was that one that made it take so long. You should be able to take your daughter trick or treating, just take a pain med first.
    Anonymous

• I was 27 when mine were pulled and it took about 2 days for mine to heal. I didn't have any swelling, and only took a few Ibuprofen the 1st day, not other pain meds. Wasn't that big a deal. Had 1 or 2 stitches for each tooth I think.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had one pulled, no stitches and after the first day it was fine. I took pain meds that night but that was it. The second one had to be cut out and that was a bitch, the stitches were the worst part, but with meds it was not bad. I was back at work the next day. For me I had them done on separate occasions so I dont know what it is like to have all 4 done at once, if they are cutting them out, expect alittle more discomfort.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009