Who is making their own candy to give out for HALLOWEENIE?

I remember alot of people when I was a child would make their own popcorn balls and candy apples, caramel apples, OH and rice crispies treats!! LOL

I mean to tell you, they would have at least had over 40 or more candy/caramel apples back in the day! And really spent their time making it for the neighborhood kids......it was my friends parents...and we all knew each other so safety was not a concern.

Just wondering whom is making their own to give out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought about it...but figured it would just get tossed...I made some chocolate caramel apples and orange popcorn balls for the kids i know...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Those days are over! I don't think anyone would let their kids eat candy that wasn't packaged.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Nope because most parents will not let their children accept it (drugs, poison, blades, etc...)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think these days, it's a waste of time and money, if you are handing them out to trick or treaters. Their parents will most likely toss the stuff. If you are having a party, and you know the children, then go for it. I love to make special stuff like that for my friend's kids ( and my own son, of course) and family.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I remember a friend's mother who always had special, homemade treats for those of us that she knew. The rest of the neighborhood got the bagged stuff. i don't think it is worth anyone's time to make homemade treats these days unless you are having a party for your kid/s and their friends. No one in their right mind would let their kid eat a non-pre-packaged treat.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OP Here.........exactly.......I would make them for my childs friends, classroom.

And we only go to houses in the neighborhood we live in and another we have close friends whom reside in the country club nearby.

I will never forget the blade thing happening. So horrific. And then the drugs and poisons!!!!!!

You have to admit there are some pretty FUK'ED up people out there, and the culprits back in the late 70's......were people in their 30's!! AND the next years teenagers thought it would be funny too.........til they got caught from LITTLE PEOPLE whom were helping the cops that year!!.......( how would they know its an adult little person under an outfit!!!!!!!! ) LOVED THAT!!!! .......served them right!

It is hard to monitor the kids, but I pray everyone has a safe Halloween with their kids!
    Anonymous