Does you child have this type of eczema?

Neurodermatitis! Is anyone familiar with this type of eczema? What treatments have you found that work? Triggers? Relief? Any info will help! TIA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i didnt know there were different types...when my son was a baby though he had eczema really bad...they just gave me 2 different types of cream and told me to only wash his clothes in fragrence free detergent and to only use dove fragrence free when giving him a bath. He would always break out with soaps or lotions and i could'nt wear perfumes or lotions or even foundation on my face because his skin was so sensitive. He would also very allergic to feathers. I'm glad he has grown out of it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Bleach baths may help kids with eczema
    Soaking in a bath with diluted bleach may help treat children with eczema, a study shows.
    By: Salynn Boyles
    On WedMd in the Eczema Health Center. My son has eczema, though I don't know which type-I am going to try this to see if it works.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Don't freak out, neurodermatitis is not a specific kind of eczema at all, rather it is the generic term for eczema when the docs don't know what kind of dermatitis, or eczema, you have.
    Anonymous

• Bleach? Are you kidding??

Anyway, eliminate dairy; keep baths short, tepid and infrequent; keep the afflicted areas well moisturized with coconut oil; make sure that your child is well hydrated.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Soak in Dead Sea Salts. Follow with Shea butter. Avoid products with mineral oil. Get a Food Panel Rast test for IgE & IgG to detect any food sensitivities that could be causing it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2009