Is it safe to eat Twizzlers while pregnant

I recently ate some twizzlers. The new ones with the sour filling in the inside and I found out that licorice (don't know how to spell it) is bad for the baby and will make them have ADHD and I'm so scared cuz I've been eating those things. I eat healthy and drink plenty of water but this really scared me. I eat candy every once and awhile and i ate some twizzlers. Does this harm the placenta and baby? It's like pregnant women can't eat anything at all but bread and beans. I feel so bad cuz I gobbled them down like nothing and I had no clue about them hurting the baby. Help please.

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Twizzlers causing the baby to have ADHD? LOL That is the silliest thing I have ever heard and totally false!
    Anonymous

• Of course it's fine. Everything in moderation!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• Lol the licorice won't give the baby ADHD, the sugar might so just don't eat a lot of them.
    You'll be fine.
    Where did you hear that licorice gives kids ADHD? That sounds like a really bad old wives tale to me.

I ate craploads of licorice when I was pregnant with my son and he's perfectly fine.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sorry OP, but I have never heard of such a thing... If you are worried, call your Dr. and ask, if anyone would know more about it, it would be him/her..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• lol...this is one of the funniest things I've ever heard! NO, twizzlers will not hurt your baby or cause ADHD!!
    Anonymous

• LMAO DO U YOU BELIVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR CUZ YOU MIGHT AS WELL STOP EATING EVERYTHING. OF COURSE THATS NOT TRUE
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Definitely NOT true. Twizzler away, my friend.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I HATE licorce. Never eat it & two of my kids have ADHD!! WOW wonder how THAT happened? Oh yeah, its NOT related to what food you consume while pregnant! I never even took a freaking tylenol during pregnancy!
    Anonymous

• The only thing you could consume that would harm the baby are alcohol or drugs!
    Anonymous