How many of you really check your childs candy before they/you eat have any?

I ask this cause many years ago local hospitals where I grew up used to let you come in with your stash and have it X-rayed for FREE after once some one had put pieces of metal shavings into some childs candy or something in the 1970's.

Do they still provide this? I cannot recall! LOL Ive not heard it, but they say do not go to a neighborhood unless you know it.

A friend of mine used to write down WHO gave what at which house in the 1980's when her son was little.....so if he got sick from a certain type of candy ( which she monitored close and gave him a piece after dinner, etc.......) She would KNOW what he ate and if he got very sick she could pinpoint the house that gave it out!!!

Not a bad idea. It is sad at how bad society has gotten in places and you cannot trust people like you used to.

Better safe then sorry I say!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The local hospitals offer the xray here...but I never go that far--I pull out anything that appears opened or tampered with...I live in a decent neigborhood and avoid the one or two houses that I don't want my kids to go to...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• That's insane. I look at it quickly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have the kids look for opened candy or anything that doesnt look right. They are paraniod about it, They sort it, trade it then i is given to me and i give it out a little bit at a time.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 3:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I used to do it when I lived in the Minneapolis area with my 3 girls....
    Now I live in a rural area(girls are to big for it but I have a 5 yr old that still goes out) where we all know, who is who, and who gave what....
    So now the routine is my son, will dump candy out on the floor and his sisters will kinda go through it and ask him for his peanut butter items.....He HATES peanut butter, even the smell grosses him out,lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We sort it all out once home too and check for anything opened like lollipops...and the wrapped candies.

We make sure too we know the people/area well.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about the xray but I do check every piece to see if it has been opened or tampered with and throw away anything questionable.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think its silly. There are NO documented cases of a child being made sick or injured from Halloween candy. Besides why would you taking the kid to a place where you didnt know the ppl anyway?
    Anonymous

• We dump it all in a big pile, I pick out anything that is opened because...eww, gross, and then we divvy it up. That's about all the checking I do. We actually eat some of it as we are walking around--got keep up our energy, you know.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We check our daughters Halloween candy. We dump it on the kitchen table and go through it. If there is anything that is opened, unwrapped or looks tampered with Gets thrown out.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009