Is it true

I've heard before that the younger you are when you have a baby the more likely you'll get postpartum depression? I'm 20, my baby is 7 months and I feel like I've struggled with it a lot. I often think of what I used to look like and I've even lost all my baby weight but I still feel different.Don't get me wrong I love my angel and I wouldn't ever regret it. I just wonder if other Moms have gone through this. Plus my family is far away, my car got stolen 2 weeks after she was born & I've lost contact with most of my friends I guess I'm just in a rough spot at the moment, things will get better.

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 3:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you just seem sad. Don't worry it will get better. It can be what you make it. Have you gone to the site www.meetup.com you can find mommy groups in your area.
    good luck
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 3:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• im not an expert but i dont think it really depends on how old you are. i think it just depends on the person or situation. im 18 and i did just fine.
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 4:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Anyone can get PPD at any age and it can affect women in many different ways. It's not about age it's an individual thing.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• not true my sister had a child at 16 no ppd, myother sitser had one at 17 and one at 19 noppd, i had my first at 19 and noppd. i was upset cuz i had a horrible time trying to bf. anyone can get ppd is not an age problem
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Age doesn't have anything to do with it.

I have three kids and was on meds after two of them. (I should still be on them, but took myself off)
    Anonymous

• PPD or no PPD, everyone misses their old body after baby #1! I used to have a flat stomach before I had my first at age 24. I practically went back to my pre-baby weight, but I still had my "kangaroo pouch!" Just seems like you are having a streak of bad luck, don't worry, things will get better.
    sophiaval

Answer by sophiaval at 5:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i was 23 when i had my litte one,i didnt get ppd i also live in an other state away from all family and i dont have any friends at all. i just have alot of problems with my anal area(tmi)im sorry. i also get bitchy often becouse i get bord i gess.i think it is the things hat happend in ur life making u that way.it will get better.try to get out and meet other moms and let ur babys play together
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009