Would you still have the same type wedding that you did?

If you had to do it all again would you still have the same type wedding that you did when you got married? Hubby and I had a "big" wedding (church ceremony, reception,dinner and dance) with about 275 people. We now wish we would have just done a simple ceremony or eloped with just 2 witnesses. It seems like it was such a waste of money on everything, gown included. What would you do different if you could?

smr123

Asked by smr123 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i guess it depends me n my hubby had a small one and wish we had a really big one. in fact we plan on still having a big one when we renew our vows. maybe its just like most people who have curly hair want straight and those who have straight want curly. if you know what i mean.
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I liked mine it wasn't too big or too small, I just wouldn't take out another loan.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well, I maybe would have put the money down on a home instead of using it for one big party. We did have a great time though and it is something I will never forget. I did have fun planning everything.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had the same type of wedding as you did. I did love it but would liked to went to Vegas & eloped.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 4:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We had a small wedding in the park, which was perfect for us at the time (12 years ago). If I could go back and do it all over again though, we would have eloped. There's a company here in Las Vegas that does weddings on a mountain plateau, looking down on the city lights and up at the mountains, right at sunset. It's difficult terrain getting up there, so you can only bring four guests. If I could do it all over again, that's exactly what I would want.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't think I would want any other kind then I had. Mine was a blast! We got married at a sci fi/ fantasy convention. Everyone was in costume including us. Our reception was in one of the hotel rooms and we had lots of people in and out but all the hotel rooms were a big huge party. Was fun and the looks on the faces of some of sisters was priceless! My mother loved it but, some of my family are such prudes ( should have seen the faces when they spotted the dominatrices ). My DH and I loved it and we wouldn't have changed a thing about it.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 4:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Absolutely. I had the time of my life. You cannot put a pricetag on that kind of memory.
    Although, we spent around 7000.00 or so, which was awesome. Because, we did the shebang. 8 people on each side. 300 guest list.
    But, I walked down the aisle barefoot to a bass guitar. We had a karoake dj. Picnic like food. A party bus, 8 kegs, and all of my friends and family to share the night with.
    Hell yea, I'd do it all over again. I had a blast.
    MissG9

Answer by MissG9 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• nooo..i planned my wedding in just a few weeks...i dont even know why i wanted to hurry so bad lol... But we had it in a january with a winter theme -- if I could go back i would want a summer wedding with bright colors.....also we had our wedding in our old house ( because we thought it was our forever house) ...and only like 15 people came -- only his mom and dad...and half of my family missed it because my grandpa was in the hospital and they thought he was dying ( he didnt...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2009