With all the H1N1 outbreaks are you going to be more wary over candy and who is handing out treats on Halloween?

My son is having a Halloween party at school and the teacher said due to the threat of the H1N1 flu everything has to be bought in pre-packeaged.
Where last year every mom was baking something to bring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I don't plan to be more careful. At our school everything always had to be prepackaged and not homemade, H1N1 or not.
    ladymarvn

Answer by ladymarvn at 4:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm using hand sanitizer everywhere I go.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• For each house you go to and get candy from...how do you know they don't have flu germs on their hands and therefore the candy wrapper has germs on it
    Anonymous

• Paranoia everywhere.

What did you do last year to help stop the spread of the regular seasonal flu?
    Anonymous

• I will be no more careful this year than any other. the risk of N1H1 doesn't increase because of the candy being handed out. We are always at the park and grocery store, in the school, stopping by a my work office... strangers with germs and possibly the flu are everywhere you go. So as normal I will check that wrappers are intact and let them go at it. Besides I have know 3 adults and 2 children who have tested pos. for the N1H1 flu and they have all been fine. I am not any more concerned about this flu than the 'regular' flu. Good hygiene has always been a priority at our house.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We've already had H1N1. We may or may not go out trick or treating. It depends on if my 9 yr old is feeling better. She started having her symptoms show up again after being seemingly better all last week. But my thoughts are that if you're going to get it, you're going to get it. There's not much you can do about it outside of living in a bubble.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009