222 pounds!!! I NEED your help!

HOW can I really lose this weight once and for all? I'm a 23 year old mother who has had three children in three years! I have a 6 month old, a 3 year old and our middle child we lost at 29 weeks. All were c-sections and each time I gained a lot of weight... before kids, I weighed 140 on a fat day. I would like to lose 60 pounds, what are your tips and ideas for me????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm trying to lose about 50 to 60 lbs myself, I've lost ten so far. I've been exercising and I've been watching what I eat. It's not been easy at all. One thing that helps me stay on track is on the weekends, either saturday or sunday I will have one meal where I have whatever I want to eat. It helps me not feel so deprived. It's not easy but you can do it. Good luck!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• no carbs, bread cereal pasta etc. - lots of protein - chicken turkey tuna egg whites etc. & fruits & veggies and lots of cardio and strength training. mega-t green pills, celcius drinks help too. i gained 60 pounds while pregnant, had my son 5 months ago, i have 20 pounds left. i agree with the above poster about treating yourself once a week, but then work it off the next morning.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well, I lost about 15 lbs on the break-your-ankle diet,but I don't recommend that one. lol Seriously, though, what I'm finding helps me (b/c I did break my ankle and have not yet been cleared to work out) is eating yogurt for breakfast, and sometimes lunch. Other times for lunch I eat a lean pocket, or maybe some leftovers from dinner. I drink tons of water, and if I don't want water, I drink gatorade instead of soda. I drink chocolate milk every night with dinner, milk is supposed to help you lose weight, or at least maintain. I try not to tell myself I can't have something, but instead to kind of balance it. Like, if I want a brownie, I'll make sure I eat yogurt for breakfast and lunch, to give me some calories to work with and have that brownie. I also make sure it's A brownie and not half the tray...which is a big deal for me. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Look into the Abs Diet, the Eat Clean Diet, and the Work it Out Sexy Mama group, they're very helpful and motivational!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Between being the mother of four and health problems that cause me to have a horribly slow metabolism, I can relate to your dilemma. No good advice that you do not already know (burn more calories than you consume and limit fats). I just want to let you know that you are not alone!
    Anonymous

• Anon- Are we talking thyroid issues? That's another problem for me.....
    Anonymous

• I belong to a website called

3fatchicks.com

skip the "white" food....white bread, white pasta stay away from diet soda...that actually makes you gain weight because of the extra carbonation and also skip the beer and bedtime eating
    Anonymous

• just wanted to let you know i'm there with ya. i weigh 220 and need to get back down to my 150. i've had some medical issues in the past couple years, now i'm just in a slump and it's hard, frustrating, and depressing. good luck with yours, you're not alone.
    Anonymous

• I went up to 250 . I lost 25 pounds so far. One big meal a day; eat a cup of no fat yogurt in the morning for breakfas; walk for twenty minutes three times a week. that is all I could do with my health problems and crazy apetite
    I'm standing still now; so I will have to start on the no carbs no sugar diet and maybe walk more; I stil have like 70 pounds I need to lose
    you are not alone
    Anonymous

• I've lost 30 lbs in 4 months. It is HARD because its a lifestyle change. You dont want to skip carbs or anything like that. What I had to do is low fat, low sodium and no dairy. I had to because of health issues (gallbladder). If you would like some meal ideas and snack ideas, you can PM me. I was at 208 and am now down to 178. Weight loss was FAST at first, up to 11 lbs in 2 weeks, and has slowed to about 2 lbs a week now but that is not adding in exercise which if I did that, would burn even more but I just don't have the opportunity right now. The food does take a while to get used to but once you know what you can and can't eat (and eating out becomes much less of an option), it becomes habit and just a way of life. I've been doing it 4 months and though i do sometimes miss things like ice cream, milk, and chips, I am feeling SO much healthier and have much more energy. PM me if you want.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2009