How do I get my 2 year old to stop needing his blanket with him 24/7?

My son is obbsessed with his blanket. He has to have it everywhere with him. What should I do to break his habit from the blanket.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just let him have it. What's the big deal? He'll grow up before you know it and you'll miss the blanket.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I would also let him have it...he'll give it up when he's ready. I have yet to see any kids going off to college with their blankie, so I'm pretty sure he'll figure this out. He's still just a baby, if it gives him comfort what's the big deal?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• that's so cute! i always love it when a child has a favorite something they love to take everywhere. my nephew carries a bear with him he calls it his bluebear. he is 5 yrs old. but there is nothing wrong with it. he will grow out of it and so will your son. then when he's way older you'll miss it just like mompam said. its just something almost every kid i know goes through
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 4:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• it is completly normal for a child to have it.i wouldnt be getting worried until he is around 4 yr old. children need a object or do things like( playing with hair) to make them feel safe.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009