anyone married to someone in the army tell me if this sounds right..

my husband wants me to sign a paper that he said for his mom to have my son for a little while if i wanted her to if something happened to him. do u think hes trying to trick me into giving her custody if something happened to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• ya i wouldnt sign it...im not an ARMY wife but the same rules apply---if I wanted someone to keep my kids if something happened to DH then I would sort it out then...He may have good intentions but his mom may not---
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes. Is he close to his mother? Anyways its yor child.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't sign nothing, and why aren't you signing a paper that says if something happens to him you have sole custody, you are the mother! It doesn't sound right at all and I wouldn't sign anything.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wouldn not sign that paper.

You would be giving your child away
    Anonymous

• yes he is close to her and she does everything for him its so annoying! she dont like me she tried to get him to leave me when i was with her n tell her lies about me! but if i did sign it i could like have him change that right?i dont want to but jw
    Anonymous

• There is no reason feasible reason I can think of for you to sign any papers. Now if you were BOTH employed by the government and there was a chance BOTH of you would be deployed at the same time, then you would need to sign over guardianship to some one till one of you came back from your tour.
    Anonymous

• i am a mil wife you DO not need to do that unless you are active duty. Tell him HELL NO
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I knew it. too sick for words. He wants to be with her and that is their child. He cant do that. You love your child do not sign a thing. Get help to figure out what you need to do.

Anonymous

• I wouldn't sign anything if I were in that situation. There is no reason that there needs to be anything signed if only one of you dies.
    It seems fishy to me.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i would not sign that!
    ErinPritt

Answer by ErinPritt at 5:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009