Wth do we all need to know that the first family has been vaccinated?

Has this been reported with previous first families? It was just on the news that the daughters have recieved the h1n1 vax and all 4 of them have recieved the regular flu vax.
Big whoop.

Autumn22

Asked by Autumn22 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• There was a nurse that came into where I work and said that the pharm company was saying that the vaccine will "help" you not get H1N1 but that it will actually cause a cancer type disease in the future that is incurable. They also state on the news channels that the people that are taking this vaccine are "testing" it to see if it actually works. I don't believe it is safe....they can't come up with a vaccine for the common cold but they can get a vaccine made for a virus in less than 5 months. BS if you ask me. I won't get it or any other vaccine I have not been sick with anything major in my 27 years of life and I do not get the flu vaccine or any other vaccine....there is Mercury in all OTC drugs and vaccines why do you think people are getting cancer more now than they used to...too many chemicals in the body that it can't get rid of.....
    Tradan

Answer by Tradan at 6:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• ya I'm sure they did...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• They need to put it out there because there are people all over the country crying that it is not a safe vaccine. It is important to the president that people do what they can to avoid getting sick, which includes getting the vaccine. So he is leading by example to show people they have nothing to be worried about.
    Bravo Obama!
    Anonymous

• Considering how many people are resisting getting vaccinated, yeah.

This is like Katie Couric getting a colonoscopy on camera. Set the example.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• What exactly makes a vaccine "safe"?
    If there are risks of serious side affects, I wouldn't call it safe.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well considering that at this point at least 80 people have died in the US from the HINI virus already this year and I haven't heard of anyone dying of the vaccine, I would consider it the safer alternative.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You don't know that they DIDN'T die from the vaccine - and there have been serious reports of it damaging people...they did not get their vaccine...I think it was an article that someone posted yesterday that they weren't going to...
    Anonymous

• Now how in the hell can they know the vaccine will cause a cancer type disease in the future and that it's incurable? That's such bullshit. There is no way they can know that NOW. That would have to be a long term study, and if that was the case you can bet your bippy the damn vaccine wouldn't be out there still! Someone was blowing smoke up your skirt.

H1N1 is a strain of influenza A. The vaccine only needed to be adapted, not created brand new.

There is not mercury in all OTC drugs and vaccines are available preservative free, you just have to ask. Tradan, you are so misinformed.
    Anonymous

• Well, it I'm still undecided.

BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 8:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes other first families published this and during the last swine flu scare in the early 70's the pres was shown getting his shot on TV!!! There is talk that it was just saline, but he did it for the same reason Obama just did to convince the sheeple that it was safe and they should get injected with a vaccine that has not been adequately tested.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009