Really worried about a child...

I do storytelling at a local library (volunteer work) and I was wondering if you think I should report this.... There's a girl that flinches whenever I move anywhere near her and if any of the other children touch her. She's around 2 and one week she came and she had a black eye. But I'm wondering if the touching could be for a reason that wasn't weird at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• TOTALLY TELL SOMEONE! Something isn't ok with her to be flinching. Who brings her in? Does she come with a school group or something? Tell her teacher. If it's a parent who brings her, then have someone from social services at the next show.
    Anonymous

• Yep CPS all the way , you could be saving this poor little girls life, In-fact I'd probably take pics of her and take them to CPS as proof.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you suspect abuse, please report.. If the parents have nothing to hide, they will not take the child away.. CPS would investigate and move on if nothing is going on.. I would rather report and be wrong than not report and something happen.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• call child services and tell them what you think might be going on ...tell them how the girl responds. tell them u think they should investigate the home or something...i had an abusive father and it is not fun at all. anything you can do to help, do it please!!!
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 5:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Call, don't be afraid. If there's nothing there then that will be that, if she is being abused they will investigate and you just might save a life.
    Anonymous

• you better bet id call in a heart beat
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 9:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Better safe than sorry. If she is safe at home, at least you'd know. False accusation of the innocent is much better than no accusation of the guilty. If she's not, then you might save her life!
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2009