abortion limit

I know that we have rights and freedom of choice. BUT I feel that abortion should be at a certain limit per woman. So many woman I know have used it as a form of birth control and its so sad. If you slept with someone and contracted AIDS could you go to the dr and "take care of it". And by this ? Im soley talking about the abusers.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont agree with abortion EVER but i guess there could be exceptions. my mom says that getting prego from a rape would be just about the only one. i guess i have to agree with her on that. but other than that. no one should ever murder and innocent child...even if they havent been born yet!

Well I used to agree with you, but then I met a friend who had three kids and a hubby who was fixed. Her hubby's little swimmers managed to get through and get her pregnant (later confirmed with testing of him). SHe almost died giving birth to the last 2 children and there was a 70% chance she or the baby or both would die during this pregnancy so she chose to abort. She was not comfortable taking the chance of not being there for her other 3 living children. Personally I don't know what I would do in that situation, but I do not judge her for what she did.
    Anonymous

• I'd have to agree. Abortion should never be used as birth control. If someone's obviously abusing that right, they're doing their own bodies harm too. There should be some sort of moderation.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• No don't agree! No limit, it just shouldn't be legal, unless a DNC has to be done b/c of a life or death situation only. Sex Ed needs to be reformed and so does Birth Control!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't know if it's just in some states, or just the rules for some Dr.'s or clinics... but there IS a limit. My friends mom worked at a a clinic or hospital or something, and she told her DD that 3 of our classmates had "reached the limit" and couldn't have anymore. I think it was like 6 or 8 for the limit. Scary, these girls were 16 and 17!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oh and the friend and her mother are like SUPER Christians, so I know it was true, definitely NOT the type to make things up or exaggerate!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 5:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Blueliner...did they reach the limit for the clinic or the state?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• That's what I don't know... who set the limit. I just know that there was one.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I really think its a rare thing that its used as "birth control"....and that it occurs over & over like that. If you know 'so many woman" who do that, I would be concerned about your choice of friends! I know exactly 3 women who have had abortions. One was for medical reasons. I have yet to meet a "serial" abortion-getter.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it should be legal for a person to make that decision , simply because I feel like thats saying , "its ok , to kill a living being inside of you" how is that any different then killing someone else?? I do think , however...if the mother was at a risk for her life it should be acceptable, only soley because of saving her life. I do also, realize that everyone has their own choice, and their are women that have had abortions..we will never understand unless we too have been there. It seems most people get abortions because they are too young and are worried they cant support a baby or what others might think of them pregnant. Instead, why not go through with the pregnancy and give a baby up for adoption and give it a life?
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009