What do you know about Great Falls Montana?

ok, we are moving next summer to Great Falls Montana. My husband got a job offer there. Tell me the good and bad you know about Great Falls & any other information, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Travel

• I've been to Great Falls once. I lived in Billings for awhile though. I know that there is no sales tax-which helps. I know that it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Oh and you can buy your beer in the grocery store! They only have 3.2% beer there but it's next to the milk! If you want hard alcohol you have to go to a state owned liquor store, which have weird hours. There are casinos EVERYWHERE, which coming from Colorado was strange to me. You plug in your cars in the winter. (If you've never heard of this, I would recommend buying a cheap dip stick warmer and a good extension cord, I hadn't and my car froze solid) Not knowing where you are coming from, that's about it I guess! Good luck!
    PS- I am pretty sure that the cost of living there is alot less than most places too.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I lived in Billings and they are similar. It is dry and brown in the summer and hot. You can drive to places around Montana that are beautiful for camping, weekend getaways, etc. Try Chico Hot Springs and of course Yellowstone. In the winter it's damn cold, ridiculously cold, lots of snow. Lots of fast food, lacking in urban culture but there may be a Gap. People are nice, down to earth, may not be the most educated but they'll be okay. Lots of Native Americans and Native American art which is interesting to check out. My biggest complaint was the lack of shopping and nicer dining. I did enjoy the skiing and getting away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Make sure that he has that job offer in writing, include how he will get reimbursed for relocation expenses.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2009