is it normal for little boys and little girls to explore eachothers anatomy?

i just received a phone call from our local child protective services.
apparently the other day while my great grandmother was watching my daughter, she had given her a bath and was rubbing lotion on her, when my daughter suddenly said: " not my boobies, ok?" shes 3 1/2. then my grandmother responded with, " what? was somebody been touching your boobies?! who?!" and my daughter said that the 6 yr old little boy that lives with us, my roomates son, did. so he thought that it was enoughg to call in the authorities. i have done a lot of reading on the topic and learned that its normal at such a young age and extremely common. but now idk what to do. need advise quickly.

aerosmith_angel

Asked by aerosmith_angel at 5:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Very normal, it is curiosity not malice, where do you think that game of "let's play doctor comes from? No reason to call the authorities, these are two young children satisfying their curiosity. What I woulld do is not give them the opportunity for it to happen again, there will be plenty of time for that!

Answer by older at 5:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It's normal and disturbing but normal. Unless a child has been molested then it's sad, and should be looked into.
    Anonymous