Whats the longest you waited to go see a doctor after taking a home pregnancy test?

This is my third child - and I don't really know how far along I am -- a bit of a surprise for us - but I haven't gone to the Dr.'s yet...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doc's office wouldn't see me until 9 weeks after my first missed period. From what I hear, that's pretty standard.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I took the test 5 days after my missed period. I waited till like 12 weeks I think, that's when my insurance kicked in. DH and I didn't expect to get pregnant the 1st month lol! We weren't worried about the insurance not starting yet, I was so sure it would take a few months at least! It took my mom like 4 years! Learned that lesson!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My doctor didn't see me until between 10 and 12 weeks for all my pregnancies. Now with my last I waited about 4 weeks or so to call just because I knew I had to wait so long for the appt anyway. I still got an appt around the same time I would have if I had called right away.
    Anonymous

• I waited a week (regular doctor,the fastest i could get in), but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 5:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• if my insurence hadnt got messed up i could have went as early as 6wks but my first was at 10wks
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 6:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• As soon as I had a positive test, I called, and every time they asked the date of my LMP, figured out how far I was, and made my first appointment for when I was at least 8 weeks - my midwife didn't want to see anyone til the heartbeat was almost guaranteed to be heard, unless they were higher risk and had to be seen sooner. I did call go in earlier once because I was having some cramping, and she just wanted to make sure, but everything was fine - I was maybe 5-6 weeks and we didn't hear the heartbeat at that time, but did a couple weeks later. 8 weeks or so is normal.
    Anonymous

• my 1st daughter i didnt go until 7mths along because my insurance didnt kick in and they wouldnt see me until it did....my second daughter was 5mths cause i never got a positve pregnancy test and my insurance needs proof that im really pregnant although my belly stuck out both times but still need proof!
    Anonymous

• Generally a doctor doesn't want to see you until about 7-9 weeks.
    MissG9

Answer by MissG9 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I'm 21 weeks, and STILL waiting on the State coverage and I haven't been yet.
    it sucks because I want to see my baby.
    It was hard to really believe I was actually pregnant until I felt the baby move because I haven't heard the heartbeat or seen a sonogram.
    ChelseaG23

Answer by ChelseaG23 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• ChelseaG23 if you are waiting on PA you can still go in and tell them you have applied - they just assume that you will get it - I don't think they like to wait that long...wouldn't hurt to call and ask...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2009