Anyone else cringe when they hear the doorbell ring?

I HATE the sound of my doorbell ringing. I hate unannounced visitors.

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes i'm never dressed
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yeah... because it's ALWAYS when DD's napping! Then the dogs start barking, I look like crap, I finally get to the door, pisses that DD's up now, and it's like Mormons or something! AGH, they must think I'm the biggest bitch lol!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• LOL YES! I know what you mean! Either im not dressed or the house is messy or the baby needs a bath and the list goes on. I always call before I go to someone else house I wish they would do the same :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I do hate it. It's always either someone trying to sell me something or trying to convert me, neither of which I'm interested in. I have big windows right next to the door, so they can see me, so I can't pretend I'm not home, although a lot of the time, I still won't answer the door. My rule is just like the phone: If I don't know you, I'm not answering. lol They hate it, but oh well.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yep, I hate company
    Anonymous

• ugh its sooo annoying!! and you never know who it's gonna be.. so its like you look like garbage walking to the door wondering "is it MIL GIL cousin? brother? friend? annoying people selling things... and it ALWAYS happens when my sons sleeping.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• yes, i don't like surprises.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 5:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes as it always happens at the worst times! I work from home and if I am working I don't answer the door. Why loose time and $ when it is usually a salesperson or religion peddler.
    Anonymous

• we disconnected ours cause too many people knock AND my dog goes ape s**t too!
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 5:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The door bell in my house has been broken for years, I decided not to fix it because it would be a good excuse not to let them in! and say, I am sorry didn't hear anyone at the door the bell is broken!

Answer by older at 5:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009