Anyone know of any other vasectomies that ahve gone wrong? How do you deal with your large family?

My husband got one a few months ago just after we had our 6th child, now I'm pregnant again. My husband keeps joking about me cheating on him but I haven't so we went to the docs and they said sometimes they do go wrong. So now we're amazed by the thought of seven kids. So I was asking for some tips on large families since I know we already have 6 but 7 just seems so much more and house is chaos! And also tips on having kids close together, I already feel knackered from the pregnancy and the baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow, ok, my husband has been planning on having it done after our 2nd child is born, hope it works, we have 5 kids between the 2 of us and Child support is eating us alive.
    Anonymous

• I haven't experienced it personally, but I do know that they do have failure rates... so does tubal ligation, though.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well when my dh had one the doc told him that we should use another form of bc for at least 6 months because there will still be some sperm left over. He had to go in every 2 months and take in a sample so they could check the sperm count. Is that possibly why you got pregnant? I only have 4 kids and that's plenty for me so idk about having any more than that. Do you have help from family or friends? I think that's the only way I could handle it?

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My SIL and her husband had number 3 after his vasectomy. I believe he is supposed to go back to have the sperm count cheked. If it takes, there shouldn't be any.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My parents had 5 kids already. My dad got a vacetomy, then they had my brother. Vasectomys fail sometimes. Just make sure to use an alternate form of bc if you get it redone.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009