Don't know where this fits:: **HELP!!!!! ** Good deodorant? Smelly clothes?

So I used to use Secret Platinum and it worked AWESOME but it was discontinued. So now I am trying to find a deodorant that really works (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg... and an arm pit!)

Also, the pits of some of my shirts smell sweaty still even after ive washed them. What can I do to pretreat or something to get rid of the smell? I'm a clean person.. I just sweat a lot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Degree is a good one. Wash with clorox, whites only but maybe you should wash inside outwards, or use more detergent.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I like the degree for women. It works very well for me! About the odors in the clothing, I'd add about a half cup of baking soda to the laundry. Good luck,Momma!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Not sure about the deodorant, I use Dove and like it. As for the smell, add a cup of vinegar to your wash water. Vinegar removes just about every odor, from body odor to urine to musty towels.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Try Secret Clinical Strength. It works very well for me! As for the stained armpits, not sure there. Maybe you could add baking soda to your wash.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I wash cloths with Arm and Hammer Detergent. It really works well on stains.
    Anonymous

• Glad I am not the only one! Will have to try the degree. For the smell this is going to sound funny but I found that about 1/2 a cup of tequila in a pan of cold water and let it soak for about an hour then wash like normal.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 9:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I think I will try the vinegar first (since it is cheaper) *I've already tried baking soda... not the greatest at it), then the tequila since it costs more, but if it works itll be worth it over having to buy new clothes!!

I am partial to clear deodorants, but I can try the degree, and I have tried mitchum, it is OK, and the secret clinical strength too. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Have you tried a mineral crystal? It works for my stinky spouse. This is what my very active teen uses: http://www.lafes.com/xcart/product.php?productid=25&cat=6&page=1 I buy it at a local apothacary; you can also get it at Whole Foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• mitchum for women. thats the best one.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Secret Clinical Deoderant works well. And I just saw an ad that Febreeze now makes something you can put in the wash that takes out odors.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2009