Would you be upset?

My sister is throwing me a baby shower. We have a 3.5 yr old son and now are expecting a lil girl in January. She is paying for everything but hosting at my MIL's house. My mil is cooking and my mom is buying the food. My Hub has 3 sisters 21,22 and 26 and one brother 20. They all live at home where we are hosting the party...

His mother said since shes cooking shes not bring a gift. The sister 22 is in Kosovo obviously shes not coming but said since shes not coming shes not buying anything. And his 2 sisters 21 and 26 both said they dont know if there coming because they might work. The broither will be there but he wont buy anything hes clueless with that stuff. And his grandma said she works. They all work part time retail. But I told them all a mnth ago and none requested it off. I am kind of hurt and mad they are her aunts and stuff.

Should I be upset?

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How messed up! They all sound immature, and are leaches, and spoiled and can't afford a gift, baby stuff really isn't all that expensive, it can be depending on if you want the most expensive, but they are being selfish and if they don't show then I wouldn't let them have anything to do with the baby when he/she comes.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yah and its not about the gifts I can care less they never buy our son anything its the fact that they dont even think about coming to celebrate our daughter =< Im extra emotional now and its sad
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It use to be that a shower was only thrown with the first child. I, personally, have a hard time going and buying another gift for a 2nd shower. Showers are meant to help get the stuff for the baby like car seat, swing, highchair, if your son is only 3 than where is all the stuff from him. Just because you chose to have more babies doesn't mean that I have to keep buying you stuff. Maybe that's how they feel. JMHO.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• It is a shame. Yes you are right to be upset. Even though it is supposedly about the party and the getting together, it is called a shower for a reason- the baby is supposed to get presents. Unless you are insisting on only expensive stuff, some little undershirts and blankets aren't expensive. Even if this is not your only shower, it is still appropriate of family to give presents at each. Shrug it off and enjoy your day. This is probably not the first time they have fallen down on the generosity task. The mom cooking I can almost see, but still a small present would be appropriate. Let it go, and no disrespect intended to the above poster, but this is not a reason to keep the baby away from them. Just let it go and be a more generous person than they are.

Answer by Bmat at 6:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i can understand the way you are feeling but i don't understand why you are hosting it there obviously these people dont deserve to have anything to do with it so if i was was you i would talk to my sister and arrange to have it somewhere else and thell your in laws well it seemed as if we would be intruding on your guys days seeing you cant be bothered or are not interseted and that way if your mil does come she will have to buy a gift because she wont be cooking if it aint at her place. ARghhhh in laws drive me vcrazy sometimes!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't blame you for having a shower either, you have a boy and now a girl, sooooo yeah you need all new stuff, or things from nice consigment stores, is that sooooo much to ask, every child needs a baby shower.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Cindy im having a girl...I got rid of everything boy...Obviously I have all the big things and hes actually just turning 4...I am not saying they should come to buy a huge gift. You can bring a onsie I could care less...Its a celebration my sister is throwing to celebrate our daughter. We didnt register and tell everyone come by us anything...AND FYI our first bebe shower no one bought anything big we did that. I am upset that there not attending.

And I doubt any of them think like you because they all have 2 plus kids and 2 plus showers! And baby showers are meant to celebrate a baby not a beg fest like you make it seem! If you have a hard time buying a lil outfit for your new neice or nephew because they are the 2nd or third somethings wrong with you.
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 6:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• anon im not hosting it my MIL, Mom, And Sister are!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

• Thats what im saying I can care less about gifts...We have the money to buy stuff but my sister wanted to throw it my whole fam does there sooo excited for a girl but is it that much to ask his family to at least come and celebrate her with us?
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 6:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Just because you don't like my answer is no reason to lash out at me. You asked a question and I answered it in my honest opinion. You may not agree with my opinion and that's OK, I didn't ask you to, You ask for opinions by posting the question.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009