did you know what the sex of your baby was before the 20week scan or before you gave birth?

have you heard of any old wives tales or was there some differences in you carrying a boy or girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ah i know an old wives tale...funny it really worked for me. you gotta hang a necklace right in front of your belly button (hold it very steady) if it starts to circle to the right, its a girl...to the left it's a boy.
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 5:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The way you carry is not an indicator no matter what anyone tells you. Everyone is built differently. Also my mum carried high with my sister and low with me and we're both girls. :)

Check the Chinese gender chart. It was right for both of my kids, my nephew and 6 of my friends kids.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Family did the necklace w/ a ring hanging over my hand before 16 week u/s. Said it was a boy. U/s showed it was a boy (at16 wks). Dr said it looked as though baby wanted us 2 know his gender cuz his legs were spread apart n didn't matter what angle doc would look at, he could see his penis LOL. Everyone asked me if I was having a boy cuz I was pointy. But in all honesty, I didn't believe any wives tale xcept the u/s. All that other stuff has a 50/50 chance of being tru, which are great odds if you do the math!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• none worked for me sorry...chinese gender wrong for both my kids...neclace o na ring worked! i found out at 18 weeks girl
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 6:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Only with my first child. I had a dream about her and knew in my heart of all hearts that I was carrying a girl.
    Back in those days, we were only allowed one U/S unless there was a problem later on, and there weren't any of those cool 3D ones.
    ALL 3 of my pregnancies could not have the gender determined by U/S and the only one I had a notion about was my first one.
    I had 3 daughters. ♥

I don't believe in old-wives tales, but I'm a pretty good guesser of other women's pregnancies (what gender they are carrying) about 80% of the time. I just get this feeling come over me with a lot of women and I can envision the gender. If I'm uncertain, I won't even guess.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009