is this a sign my son is ready....

to potty train? when he soils his diaper me or SO will ask "did you go poo poo's" or "time to change diaper" and he will run to his room to get changed. so it's like he is aware he went and is aware that changing the diaper will make him clean again...is this a sign he will be ready soon? i mean since he is aware of his body? he cant quite speak yet (he's 18 m/o) so he cant answer yes/no or wave his head up or down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like he is to me. Kids don't have to be able to speak to be potty trained. That's just ignorant. Try to set him on the potty after he goes and tells you. If he has a pattern or schedule try to take him in just before he goes and set him on the potty. Have dad take him in when he goes. The more you encourage now the better I think.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• He isn't ready until he can verbalize to you pee-pee and poo-poo to let you know. At 18 months he should be able to tell you pee-pee, poo-poo, yes, no and even put two words together.
    Anonymous

• OP here : well at 18 months old he doesnt verbalize much at all.
    Anonymous

• Still won't hurt to go through the motions so to speak....
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009