I could use a prayer if you don't mind?

I am mad---upset and very angry. I need help calming down and not snapping back.

could you please ask Jesus to help me calm down and not go stupid on a person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes people are just stuck on stupid. Breathe........Count to 10...........Breathe...........This to shall pass........
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sometimes a glass or two of wine might help
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 6:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I sure will I know how hard it is as a Christian to not just go off on somebody it is in our human nature. We should try to turn the other cheek and pray for God to give us strength.
    Anonymous

• Done. Try taking a deep breath through your nose and blow it out through your mouth and totally relaxing your body as you do. Find a diversion (cards, a tv show, call a friend, read etc.). I used to lose it regularly and simmer for hours - even days. Now, I get my mind off of it ASAP so I don't lose control of myself. I decorate in my head and I enjoy it so, I forget about the whole thing.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Count to ten get your grip and breath in and out slowly, nothing is worth getting this upset over. Life is too short to waste on ill will, prayers your way.

Answer by older at 7:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Done. Try to focus on something positive~ your child(ren) , your favorite flower, whatever you like.
    Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• older.. how encouraging! ill will prayers??? *shakes her head *

OP~ Breathing helps.. going into another room helps :-) Father I ask that you help my sister here who is struggling with her anger emostions! I speak peace over her in Jesus name and that the Holy Spirit would come upon her and be the comforter that He is to be and set her free from this. I decree wisdom and gentleness upon her in the name of Jesus Christ. You are loved and no matter what Jesus is with you, just lean into Him for He is your strength and song ! :-) Bless you on your journey with Him!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Shan.... with all due respect, older is not encouraging ill will prayers. She is saying let go of the ill will feelings and that she is praying.

To OP it can be so hard when dealing with some people. Deep breaths are good. Prayers your way.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009