Do you fix your husbands plate at supper time?

Just wondering if you fix your man's plate for him or is he grown up enough to do it himself...I can see if he isn't able to b/c of an injury or it's a special occasion but I don't do it. He likes to add things and spices and prepare his food after it's been cooked so I let him do what he likes to his food.

MommaRox4683

Asked by MommaRox4683 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hell no. That is just tacky and lazy of a man to expect that unless he is sick or disabled.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 7:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• He is grown up enough to do it himself, but I do mine and my DD's, so I just do his while I am at it.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My moms fixes her husbands plate often, not always though, and she works hard all day long herself and he's lazy and I can't stand him and my mom does way more than him, if anything he needs to be cooking dinner, fixing it for her, making her plate and feeding it to her for all I care! He doesn't deserve it!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I usually do it for him, and on weekend he usually does it for me.
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 6:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no. And he does the same for me.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• He doesn't EXPECT me to do it, but I do. Sometimes he makes dinner and he fixes my plate for me. Honestly, for me it is eaiser to just do it for him than for him to make a mess doing it himself. I know it sounds bad, but he just sincerely can't do it without getting SOMETHING on the floor, the stove, the counter, or where ever else. LOL
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• No, he is a big boy and can take care of fixing his own plate along with many other things. Now we do fix each others plates sometimes... Sometimes I do his, sometimes he does mine.. But most of the time we fix our own..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Sometimes I do it, sometimes DH does it, but only cause we're lazy and don't set the table and put the food out, we just kinda grab it from the stove, I think it would be rude for one of us to do our plate and go sit without at least offering to do the others. If we sit down at the table for a nice dinner with the food out on the table, no, I wouldn't...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• In our house it's a total team effort. One of us is fixing plates for everyone while the other is getting the twins washed and strapped into booster seats and our older daughter is getting silverware and drinks for everyone. We try to get everything done simultaneously so the little ones don't have time to get bored before we really get started with dinner. Before the twins we usually all fixed our own plates.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I usually fix my SOs plate, if its a snack or something hell bring me some, otherwise if i cook, i tend to make his because its just easy for me to do. If he wants seconds or something he gets up and offers to get me more or a refill...nothing too serious. If we eat while our son is up its much easier for only one of us to go in the kitchen anyway!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009