Hands OFF doctors?

So at my last doctors office during my appointments they always seemed to take blood, measure my tummy and push on my abdomen, they were pretty hands on with me, it was my first preg. and the only thing wrong was my platelet count. But my new doc has me waiting forever, and by the time they get in the office they ask me one or two questions, then leave. no measuring, no pushing on the tummy, NOTHING!? Is this normal? Anybody elses doc like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it seems too impersonal, change doctors. I would. I like it when they do all the measuring because it always gave me peace of mind that my child was growing properly and that I was doing okay. Ask the office you go to what their normal practice is when it comes to this and if you don't like it and if they are always "too busy" I would go else where. It's not worth it to sit there all uncomfortable and feel like you are getting nothing out of the visit except paying their bill. You are doing you and your child a favor to find the best care out there.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• No they should be doing all of that to check the baby's size and position. If they are not doing it now, they NEED TO in your last couple of months. How far along are you?
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 6:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Most doctors don't do the full exams at every appointment, unless there are issues with the baby or your health there really is no reason for them to do it until you are farther along.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• how far along are you?.............its my first pregnancy too and they do all the checking and stuff...............but with my mum's 5th pregnancy they were still checking her monthly, then every 2 weeks and closer to her due date they were checking her every week.....measurements and all..............it doesn't matter if its ur 1st, 2nd or 10th pregnancy, they should be measuring your belly to ensure that the baby is growing at a normal rate.....as well as checking for a heartbeat at each antenatal appointment
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OP HERE:::::Im only 15 weeks! I just wasnt sure, this office seems to be so different! Didnt know if it was just me!
    Anonymous

• Find a midwife that is paired with an ob. They are very hands on and will take all the time you'd want with them.
    LuccasMommy

Answer by LuccasMommy at 7:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009