Which is "worse" divorce or formula feeding?

There are a lot of FF VS. BF posts here lately. A good point was raised..when Social Services or Schools screen for potential problems with children they ask about the home status-but not if a child was BF or FF. Some of these rabid BF Moms are divorced, never married Moms, teen Moms, ect.. how can you throw stones when you, yourself expose your child to these known risk factors? Your thoughts/defense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• aaahhhh i get you. i honestly, don't engage in the mammy-war on here. i find it entertaining, but sometimes there are the questions that make me say WTF? kwim? like this one threw me lol! but yes ma'am! i get it crystal clear! to me unless you're abusing your child, then you're not as bad of mom than others can be. everyone is a good mom regardless of their choices, though we may not agree, you are still doing what's best for you child. sometimes i want to kick a boulder at some moms that literally bash mothers for their choices :)
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Why the hell should BF or FF even be brought up? A child's home life has a hell of a lot more impact on a child's behavior than whether they were ff or bf when they were babies. Seems like you're trying to pull crap out of your ass.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• popcorn I'll be interested to see how this one turns out... :D

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Haha. I've done both, so I guess I'm a really terrible mom!
    Anonymous

• having trouble justifying your decisions as of late?

hon, that thing in the back of your head... that "voice" if you will, is your conscience. you should listen to it, it is probably right.

as for divorce, teen pregnancies, etc. etc. etc. we (i) have heard it all, and then some. this would raise the question WHY someone who has the perfect home life would willingly opt out of giving a child what is rightfully theirs? or did i misread? some of the worst possible mothers are doing the best possible thing for their children... is that what you were getting at?

possibly try articulating your question... it would be easier to answer if it were clearer.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• duh! divorce impacts a child's life just a little more than formula.. don't you think? ugh..

I fear for this country with all the ding dongs it has living here.
    Anonymous

• No. actually one of the Moms on here is one that I was thinking about. She was going on and on about how horrible it is not to BF, yet she is "in love with a married man". How can you judge one Mom and say they are "ruining" their child when you are engaging in behavior that also endangers your child? That is the question- why would you judge others harshly when you are not the perfect parent either. The question is clear... it is your inability to see your own faults that makes it difficult for you to understand the concept.
    Anonymous

• That's a stretch, I think. Can't figure out how you're equating breastfeeding with divorce? I submit that a couple who divorces over breastfeeding was bound for a split in ANY event.

I've seen perfectly well adjusted, healthy formula fed kids.

Also have seen perfectly well adjusted kids of divorced families. And badly adjusted kids of parents who SHOULD have divorced that didn't.

And I've seen unhealthy breastfed kids.

It all comes down to MOM AND DAD. Period.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oh and to add in.. I'm a SINGLE, Teen mom who bottlefed my son.. Damn I'm horrible!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Im going to just put this out there. Charles Manson was bf and looked how he turned out. I dont think BF or FF has anything to do with how a child grows up and how they behave. I think it has more to do with what they are exposed to. My DD was FF and she has tested out of Pre-k and She wont be going to kindergarden she will go right into the 1st grade. I am a single mom. It has nothing to do with what was in her bottle as a child.
    Anonymous