how do you know when your baby drops?

i think she dropped today, but i'm not sure!!! i was at work and i just felt a thump in my tummy, not like when she's kicking, and i feel less pressure on my back than i've been feeling these last few months. and i've also peed like 30 times since this happened and this was at like 2 this afternoon. just curious if you felt your baby drop, or how you knew when she did

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 6:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'd like to know the answer to that....how far along are u?.......i'm 32 weeks
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i'm 32 weeks
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 6:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• it'll be shit load easier to breathe
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 6:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• can someone please tell me how i'll know?...
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 6:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Hi! Normally it takes babies about 2 weeks to drop into the birth canal however that doesn't always happen. I was 31-1/2 weeks pregnant with my son and he dropped overnight. He sat way up by my ribs the night before and then when I woke up in the morning he was sitting really low in my pelvis. A lot of times you can tell by the look of your stomach. You'll also feel a little less pressure on your lungs- maybe you feel like you can take deeper breaths. Hope this helps you!
    Navy_Wife506

Answer by Navy_Wife506 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_when-is-my-baby-likely-to-drop_1460217.bc
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 6:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Symptoms of baby dropping:
    Pelvic pressure, hip and tail bone pain, belly lower, breath better, less heartburn, and sometimes it feels like they are going to fall out of you. It can be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks after you drop for the baby to come. Baby can also moveback up if it wants to.

http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about359103.html
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Well for me 11 days before my due date my son who was sitting breech with his head in my rib cage suddenly turned and dropped all at the same time while I was eating dinner. My water broke the next morning about 5 am and he was born 3 pm 10 days before his due date. Dropping doesn't mean much though because they can move back up and down several times if they feel like it. It sounds almost like your baby dropped a little, but not all the way into the birth canal.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The main way to tell is just by the way you look. You will be able to look in the mirror and visually see that you are carrying the baby lower. Also, it will be a lot easier to breathe because your lungs won't be as squished. You will not notice a "thump" or anything similar when the baby drops. You will most likely just wake up one morning and notice the baby is lower.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009