When can I start working out again?

I am a first time mom, I gave birth 8 days ago to a bruiser of a boy..9lbs 4oz so I do have stitches however they really don't seem to bother me anymore. I have been taking daily walks with baby and husband but I am eager to do more (running/elliptical). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

jdabsmom

Asked by jdabsmom at 6:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i started lifting weights and running after a month of having both my girls the first daughter i had stitches and the second i didnt but i started working out a month after
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 7:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Not until your doctor clears you - around 6 weeks - NOT before! No matter how good you feel, you could really screw something up if you try too soon! WAIT!
    Anonymous

• It's usually not recommended until about 4 weeks post partum. However you can go to the mall and push baby in the stroller for some light cardio...stuff like that.
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009