Crafty Christmas creations?

I'm wanting to make something for extended family members for Christmas, but I'm not sure what. I've done cinnamon pinecones, made ornaments, and have done cookies...so I want something new! Give me some ideas, please!

hannah_belle

Asked by hannah_belle at 6:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Holidays

• Hello! How about making wreaths? I made one for my door last year after seeing the craft idea on the internet. Here's what you need:

1 Metal Ring (However large you'd like your wreath.)
    Strips of Holiday Colored Fabric
    Bells (Optional)
    Ribbon

1st Step: Take the strips of colored fabric and tie them around the metal ring until it is completely full! (I used alternated between red and green fabric when I did mine.)

2nd Step: Tie on bells. (Optional -- I placed my bells about 3 inches apart from each other.)

3rd Step: Tie ribbon around the top of the wreath to hang.

Hope you like the idea!
    Navy_Wife506

Answer by Navy_Wife506 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oriental Trading Post has the cutest craft kits and they're super cheap and they almost all come in a dozen. I'm making calendars for my parents and my in-laws. They have some on Oriental TP that are cheap but if you're looking for ones that are a little more expensive Shutterfly has super cute ones for $20
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I am doing 8x10 scrapbook pages of the last year for the great and great great grandmas you can print these pages for like $1 or $1.50 depending on the lab, my mom and the ILs will be getting more photos to put in the books I already made them. I bought some stuff super cheap last year after the holidays for some people. The only ones really getting anyhting spent on them are my DD and my nieces. None of my nieces are really in situations that the parents can provide much, sometimes just the basics are hard enough so I do everything I can for them.
    beautyqueen616

Answer by beautyqueen616 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009