Something is "detached", may make me sound stupid, but I'm confused.

I am nine weeks pregnant and was bleeding on Saturday. The bleeding stopped (or more turned into brown blood), there was some light cramping to go along with it. I went in for an ultrasound, the physician talked to me about what she saw, but my doctors office never called me back and I have so many questions. I called and left a message and then called again and got the voice mail. The physician said something was detached, she showed it to me on the ultrasound and told me I just need to keep taking it easy. I am so horrible during times like this, I can't remember all the information unless it's written down and handed to me, so I don't remember the specifics. I don't remember her mentioning the placenta at all, but my mom is convinced I should be on bed rest and is making a huge magnificent deal out of this and it's driving me insane! Does this sound familiar to anyone who can give me a better idea of what could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi! I would call your doctor and ask her to explain everything to you again.

It is most likely your placenta that detached and that does mean that you need to rest a lot! You need to check with your doctor whether you should be on bed rest the rest of your pregnancy or just for a couple of weeks. Sorry, I can;t give you much more information but you really need to discuss it with your doctor. If you need things written down maybe ask your doctor for a reliable website that will explain things to you. Take Care!
    Navy_Wife506

Answer by Navy_Wife506 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree with PP that you should ask your doctor to write things down for you but i personally would also go in search of a second opinion. yes, ask your doc if you need to be on bedrest... but for something like that you shouldn't have to ask... that would be something that the doctor is neglecting. if my doctor ever did something like that i would have left his care a long time ago. my baby is precious to me since the second i found out i was prego. by not being on bedrest, other more serious complications could arise and it would be the fault of the one who neglected to tell you to sit still for a couple weeks or so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2009