does you child aggravate you?

today my daughter has not listened to me at all and has been aggravating me all day..i tell her to stand beside me while i get the baby out of the car and what does she do she starts walking away..then i tell her to use her inside voice when her sister is sleeping and she goes right into her sisters room and starts turing the light on and off and tells her sister to wake up...its just aggravating me today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They will do this, try not to let it get to you so much, go to your happy place.

Answer by older at 7:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Shoot...that's nothing.

Wait until they're both up and around doing it at the same time.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes and mine is 4 some days she is in her own world of rebelion. So usually I give the baby to daddy and I take her just me and her for some alone girl time she just wants my attention.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Not really, but today she has, b/c she's been walking around fussy and crying and falling all day! She might be teething. She's 13 mos.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Mine do a little bit but what I cant stand is other peoples kids!! ones who are spoiled so rotten it is unhealthy and ones whos parents cant leave there side for 30 seconds when they are 4 years old!! sorry, OT there. And Im anoning this one cuz I dont want friends to know I dont like there kids, LOL
    Anonymous

• anon 09: thats so true!
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 7:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Yes and no. Yes it is not very fun to have my three year old test me and I do get frustrated at times. I often tell him, as of late, to please remember to put on his listening ears. He sometimes tells me, very seriously, he forgot to put them on. But I also know this is part of his job at this stage in development. His job is to test the waters and explore his boundaries. It is my job to set limits and establish consequences. Yesterday was a prime example. As I was giving him a bath, and I just finished saying he needs to keep all the water in the tub, he takes a toy (looks up right at me too!) and dumps it on the tile floor. So I took ALL his toys out of the tub and his toys were in time out. He was sad, cried, and begged. He said he was sorry. I smiled sweet-like and told him I know that he is and I am sad too. I'm sad he made a poor choice, I'm sad he is crying, and I am disappointed we have to clean the
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• floor. It was a quick bath with no frills. He did not enjoy it and I let him know I was disappointed. Things like this happen...a lot now that he is three. And people said two would be hard. Two was cake. Three for him is test city. I'm proud of the three of us: him, his dad, and me. We are managing his growing pains and we are learning creative ways to cope with frustration. We learn and he learns. Sometimes we have to keep from laughing at him. He told us after his bath he was going to tell his preschool teacher on us we were mean to him. He gets it. Slowly but surely they learn. The key is to know your frustrated at the stage of development, how you want to cope with your frustration, and how you teach them to correct their poor choices.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My toddler always frustrates me. If there's one trait I'm lacking in, it's patience...it's easy for me to lose my cool.

The thing I've started reminding myself of lately is that my toddler hasn't lived 25 years like I have. She has SO much to learn, and everything she's doing is an effort to learn more about the world. Sometimes, if I remember that, it's easier for me to deal with her when she's acting up.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• ALL the freaking time!!!! I love them though and they can be very helpful but I'm surprised I'm not grey yet!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2009