sleeping through the night?

my son just turned 8 weeks old i no he is still to young to sleep through the night, but i was wondering when he should? and/ or if there is anything i can do to help him sleep longer at night. i breast and/or bottle feed(4oz) him about every 2-4 hours and i give him a bath with that johnson & johnson lavender calming bath about 3 times a week and that helps a lot...he looks doped up after his bath lol anyways... do u think i should give him a bottle at night so it keeps him fuller longer? should i maybe use the lavender lotion on him everynight ? i no he is to small for oatmeal but i need some sleep please help!!!!

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 7:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different, but it does get better by the 3rd month.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Fill him up, the fuller his belly is when he goes to bed at night the longer he will sleep. I put rice cereal in both of my daughters bottles at around 3 - 3 1/2 months old. Like in a 6 oz bottle I would use 1 tsp of cereal. But until he is older just try to give him a little more to eat before bed. Hope that helps!
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2009