Are you against vaccinations? If so, I'd like to know how you stand on the current healthcare issue. Are you for or against governement healthcare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Health

• I am for vaccinations, my kids are all up to date on their vax's. I am also a fan of UHC, as a Canadian I have UHC and want absolutely nothing to do with the type of system the US has at this time. But I do not have a gov't run system, the gov't has no say in my health care, that is between me and my Drs.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• i choose not to vaccinate my kids and I believe that every parent needs to really take a look at it and decide whats best for their family situation. I am also against the government run healthcare plan.
    Anonymous

• I am for well documented and time proved vaccines. My 2 yr old is up to date on every vaccine except for the brand new H1n1 vaccine, i cannot and will not give my son a vaccine that the medical community has not had the TIME to document and research all the possible LONG TERM effects.

I am against government run heath care as well, i dont want the same people that run the DMV and Postal service controlling my healthcare options.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Not me - but I do remember a woman standing up in our town hall meeting against government healthcare because she didn't want the government to have the power to tell her to vaccinate her kids.

So I can see how it's a connected issue.
    Anonymous

• I have lived in the UK and now live in Canada and I wouldn't live anywhere that didn't have UHC.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• We choose to selectively vax on a delayed schedule. First vax after first birthday; one vax per office visit; single dose, preservative free vaccines; read all inserts before allowing the shot to be given.
    Medical insurance costs have more than doubled in the last ten years (up 119%), while real wages have been stagnant. Ten years ago, 15% of every dollar went to profit for health insurance companies, now it is 35%. As an uninsured person, I am 40% more likely to die this year than an insured person is. Health insurance executives are given bonuses for denying benefits (you were treated for acne and didn’t put it on your application form, you won’t get your cancer treatments paid).
    The system is broken. Do you have a better idea?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2009