A question for christians

I read an answer to a previous question about pascal's wager and she said something about the Bible being the only true book based on prophecies. Can you tell me the prophecies she is talking about and what prophecies have been false from other religions to back up her theory. Also what was the most recent bible prophecy that has been fulfilled and what is the next one to supposedly occur? I don't expect many answers because I really think that she was off her rocker with that one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• op here I have been researching all night and read alot about bible prophecy and it is astounding how accurate they are opposed to the other religious books. I also read that certain religions keep changing their prophecies because they never come true. I want to apologise for my rudeness and have found a new respect for your bible if anything will be able to get me to believe your bible this may be it LOL. If you have more information please do share with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• break that up over a few days. You asked some intense stuff that is hard to put all in one lesson. I also do not all of the answers but look forward to hearing from my Christian sisters some of the answers and see if their answers match the ones I do know. All these questions in one may not get the good attention each question deserves.
    Anonymous

• "Can you tell me the prophecies she is talking about and what prophecies have been false from other religions to back up her theory."

i saw that. and no, i can't tell you what she was referring to...maybe she'll repost for ya?
    prophesies can be in the eye of the beholder, op. for the same reason one person decribes the color aqua as being 'blue' and another says 'green'...everyone sees things differently. some people look as natural disasters as prophesy being fulfilled. some look as BO being elected as such, also. for the most part, biblical scripture can be symbolic or literal or both. no, i don't have a ready-example..just trying to explain why some see things differently. its all in the interpretation, for some. but that's another post subject altogether!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I don't believe all the revelations that God has ever given or will give are contained in the Bible alone.

It definitely has a lot of them, but not all of them.

John 21:25 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."
    Anonymous

• I am ever skeptical to a fault. but wasn't the bible written several hundred years after the events occured?? And if that were true I could accurately prophesize something that already happened as well. Of course there were also some that never came to pass, but no one pays any attention to those.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I have seen some prophecies proven through history professors though the scriptures are vague so it could be as my dh says and coincidence. I don't remember the scriptures off the top of my head, but some I remember that were said to be prophecies are world war 2, and 9/11 I will look into the research and the scriptures referring to these and get back to. As I said though who really knows 100% it's what you believe and makes you happy, and comfortable.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2009