for all you people that think your way better then others....

honestly i think us women can make our own decisions if we want to breastfeed or formula feed...i picked to formula feed my children and they are healthy as can be..the way i see it is if wed all had to breastfeed then someone would of never invented formula....its just my opinion but im tired of seeing all those questions about how some of you say your better then us because you bf and we dont...i really think there shouldnt be anymore questions about bf and ff because some of the things poeple say make others feel upset

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree! there is no way better than others, each of us have a unique way of taking care of what our children need.

Answer by older at 7:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• thats true!! well i'm going to be a first time mom... and i'm gonna try it but most likely i'm going to do the formula....

but whatever i choose isn't going to change what kind of mom am I.
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 7:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I had to formula feed and wish I could have not. I do regret not having breastfed. For many reasons. I don't judge other mothers for formula feeding. You don't know why some moms do and some do not. My husband and I adopted our child and I was discouraged from breastfeeding by doctors and coworkers (also doctors). Despite my regrets my child is a happy healthy little guy and very advanced cognitively for his age. Could his intelligence level be higher if he had breast milk? Maybe...maybe not. Could he be healthier over all? Maybe...or maybe not. Mostly I attribute his over all well being to attentive parents, happy/healthy home, we have adequate resources, and good environment to live in. Even if you breastfeed it doesn't mean you have great living conditions (meaning some sort of unknown toxin in your living space) that counteract the value of breast milk. It isn't one specific thing but many things we do.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• OP, I have seen the posts you are talking about, and I do agree. Breast milk is best but it is not always possible. I have done both, FF my oldest, very healthy, smart, all honors in school etc. FF my 2nd DD after attempting to BF, same with her, she is in gifted and talented classes, last test she took for the state',she scored in the 99 percentile. My DS was EBF due to milk allergies, he is highly intelligent but cant read or write very well but a little genius at math etc and has ADHD. So yes, health issue do accure even if you EBF.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Than what would half of CM argue about?
    lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I breast fed my kid for at least 6 weeks. This is really strange and not sure if its from the breast vs bottle but my oldest daughter i breast fed till 6 months. SHE IS HUGE. not fat but very tall. She is 7 5/17/02 7 lbs even. She wears a size 10/12 in shirts and a 8 in pants from childrens place. She has no fat on her body she is just a tall healthy child. Now my 3 year old who never had breast is small. She looks like a late 2 year old. She is so petite and short. She weight more then my 7 year old at birth. I always wondered if it did make a difference. I think that people shouldnt try to push anything on anyone but just let people do what they would like. Breast is better if you are healthy but how many mothers who just had a baby eat healthy or eat at all so you never know what is better.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I agree too! It doesn't make you better or your kids better for that fact, and they don't go around after growing up saying I was breast fed what about you, oh you weren't nanananan booo booo!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• These kinds of posts are always funny to me. I will always feel superior to other people. I don't know why. Intellectually I know I am not. But look at the "competition". With some people (not you, just sayin') it is like.....how stupid are you?
    The formula/bf question is plain ole stupid. At least your child is fed. End of story.
    Anonymous

• I agree op! Stop the bashing on CM! At least your kid gets fed. If you BF, good for you. I'm not going to... it's just not for me. It's not for everyone. I don't care if other people do it or not. It's a personal choice and no one should be hated on for it.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 8:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• If you think you did the best thing for your child then why would it make you upset. Ignore it, people do different things for different reasons.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2009