Thanksgiving Dinner?

Okay so I set myself up this year and decided dinner was going to be at my house. at this time I was also planning on having my dining room table by the dinner. Well, unfortunate serious of events happened and I wont be able to afford the table I was going to get...So now im stuck...How do i find a table to eat dinner at with all these family members in a months time with next to ZERO dollars!!!???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We borrow the tables from our church, we have over 30 people here for thanksgiving and borrow the tables from our church, other wise no matter how big my table was it wouldnt be big enough(we also borrow the chairs). Maybe you could try that?
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 7:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Good Will
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 7:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Where do you live? if it's not cold you could have it outside.
    Anonymous

• Get one of those tables at Costco, and put a nice table cloth on it, they are about $50 and are about 8 feet long, no one will know, for that matter, maybe a friend has one you can borrow, the legs fold up and you can use it for your next garage sale=LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My fil made one out of plywood and 2x4s. Covered with a tablecloth you couldn't tell the difference and it seated like 15 so the whole family could sit together.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• I usually place a sheet of plywood, cut to fit, over my regular table. There's no way I'd have room for a table that size all year round, and storing one would be a waste of money. The plywood sits in the carport most of the year, and it's there when I need it.

I put a cheap vinyl tablecloth over it and than one of my good ones, and it looks just as good as any expensive table. In the end, it's having all of my kids and grandbabies sitting around it that is important, not what is holding the food up.

Chairs might be a different issue. See if you can borrow some. Even metal folding chairs can be made 'pretty' if you cover the backs with a pillowcase sort of cover and gather it near the seat with a big bow with something seasonal tucked into it. Even if you don't sew, you can cut some material and get a tube of fabric glue for $4-5. Improvise a bit and just enjoy the day with your family.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Rent OR Borrow One   paper table cloth . in the end the company and good food is what matters

Anonymous