I have a question for moms who do not vaccinate their child/children?

I was late getting my sons vacs this last year and was told he would not be able to start school until he had them all caught up. If you don't vaccinate you kids how do they get into school?

Please don't bash i'm just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• NC allows medical and religious exemption. And homeschools are classified as private schools, and private schools have to have immunization records on file. So, homeschoolers have to be vaccinated or have a waiver. We selectively vax, and can obtain said waiver. I homeschool.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Our schools have a waiver form. If there is an outbreak our kids could be excluded from school. However, I homeschool, so my kids go to school anyway. :)
    Anonymous

• Some say for religious reasons
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• There are three different types of exemptions, Medical, Religious, and Philosophical. Every state has Medical exemptions available, most states have at least two of the three and some have all three.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Just have the Health Department give you a note that says you are in progress. My five are vaccinated but at the schedule I think best.
    mommyHeather218

Answer by mommyHeather218 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• You can get a waiver. You can get a doctor's note saying he is on a special schedule for any reason you doctor wishes to claim. You can also have a sample of his blood drawn and tested for immunity. If he has some but not all shots, such as the ones that have periodic boosters, often there is plenty of vaccine in his blood to make him immune 100%.

Tons of options.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• All states allow some form of exemption (a few it is only medical, but most offer relgious too). If there is an outbreak the school can not allow your child at school, but other then that if they are a state funded school they have to except all exemptions that are allowed in your state. As for religious if you decided to stop vaccinating after getting some then you can say your religious views have changed. Private schools are totally different and can do what they please if they do not receive any state funds.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• My sons schools have a waiver at the bottom of the vaccine record- from what I understand you can check medical/religious/other for exemptions and sign off on it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2009