bloody nose

Hey ladies! My 3 year old has been getting bloody noses quite frequently. They are very random, and happen even when he is sleeping! I'm not sure if any one else has this problem or has encountered it in the past. and if you have can u please help me! I'm not sure if it is something to be overly concerned about or if it is just a normal thing that happens to kids..thanks

werkinmom

Asked by werkinmom at 7:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Probably a dry nasal area. Try putting a little A & D inside the nose to moisturize the area. It is the season for this to happen. Also, if the nose is runny and the child picks, rubs or scratches at it a bloody nose can happen too.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• check your child's fingers to see if maybe they are picking, sometimes even while they sleep. Otherwise, I agree with the dry nasal passages, we use vaseline on a q-tip to help keep his nose from drying out.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Mine still has them occasionally, at age 10. There are times when it looks like a Wes Craven movie! Usually dry air does it...saline nasal drops can help, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Dont use A&D, use vaseline.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You can put a humidfier in his room at night and it helps as well.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009