How to prevent your child from getting hurt?

okay my 2 yr. old son always seems to find some way somehow to get hurt!
he was at the hospital last sunday and the past sunday, the first time he hurt his leg! and wouldnt walk on it after a few hr's. of being hurt so his father and i decided to take him to the emergency room, and the past sunday! i was in the kitchen cooking and i opened a draw and he came running around the corner and smacked into the draw, and he ended up with stich glue on his face under his eye brow!!! he wouldev had 5 stiches people say its a boy thing hes a boy hell grow out of it,he trys to do everythigng that his older brother does, im worried that next will be broken bones., and that the hospital and doctors will prob, think im abusing my children! any answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children are going to get hurt.. as long as you aren't leaving stuff out for them to purposely injure themselves on then there isn't much more you can do besides putting them in a bubble. My son is a dare devil so we've had our fair share of stitches, bruises, bumps, etc and I know only more is yet to come. Doctors can tell the difference between abuse and an injury sustained by an accident. Believe me, if they couldn't my son would have been taken from a long time ago. For awhile there we were visiting the ER every couple of weeks my son was getting hurt so often.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• the only way to keep your child from being hurt is keep them in a padded room,
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 8:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• lol, that is very true i wish i could do that with my boys they are crazyyy!
    all boys.
    japandamommy

Answer by japandamommy at 8:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• not have them i guess. kids get hurt is part of life
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Oh... my son is crazy,...PLUS in my side of the family we are clutzy beyond belief and of course he got that - my husband tries to put him in a bubble cause he always has bruises and scabs and m arks.. I am turning grey now thinking of all he's already done and he's not even 2.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2009