My Daughter is 3 months old and she bright green to green stuff cloging her ear up and it's kind of running... what is it? should i go to the E.R?

she has a cold for almost 2 weeks and a slight low fever.... bright green running stuff and it clogs her ear up help..?

HaydensMom06

Asked by HaydensMom06 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She probably has an ear infection from the cold (and it's possible her ear drums have ruptured with what you're describing). I'd call her pediatrician first thing in the morning.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Call her pediatrician, they normally have a nurse on call 24hrs that you can talk to and they will answer questions and advise you what to do. If you have to take her to the ER then Good Luck.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• it 's just her right ear not both... i don't see how they could rupture my sons have gotten ear infections and they didn't running ozzey green stuff out of them.. the only time i seen is when my 2 year old gets them and he has tubes in his ears my 3 month o9ld doesn't.. my 3 1/2 year old never had stuff like she has even with a cold.
    HaydensMom06

Answer by HaydensMom06 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Does she seem in pain?? I would call the on call nurse.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 8:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• The green ooze is usually a sign of the ear drums rupturing. It doesn't take much for an ear infection to rupture an ear drum especially on such a small baby. My son has had his eardrums rupture 3 times from ear infections. Also, if the eardrums have ruptured there won't be any pain.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• its always safe to just take her to the er....green slimy stuff can be a sign of an infection and even if she's not in pain now it may be coming on....it's better to be safe than sorry!!!
    LennonT0609

Answer by LennonT0609 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2009

• thanks guys taken baby in to doc tommorow thanks once again
    HaydensMom06

Answer by HaydensMom06 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2009